Sidense provides secure, very dense and reliable non-volatile, one-time programmable (OTP) memory IP for use in standard-logic CMOS processes with no additional masks or process steps required and no impact on product yield. The Company's innovative one-transistor 1T-Fuse™ architecture provides the industry's smallest footprint, most reliable and lowest power Logic Non-Volatile Memory (NVM) IP solution. With over 70 patents granted or pending, Sidense OTP provides a field-programmable alternative solution to Flash, mask ROM and eFuse in many OTP and MTP applications.
Sidense OTP memory, embedded in over 100 customer designs, is available from 180nm down to 40nm and is scalable to 28nm and below. The IP is offered at and has been adopted by all top-tier semiconductor foundries and selected IDMs. Customers are using Sidense OTP for analog trimming, code storage, encryption keys such as HDCP, WHDI, RFID and Chip ID, medical, automotive, and configurable processors and logic.
Sidense is headquartered in Ottawa, Ontario and services an expanding worldwide customer base.
As the Engineer, Design Automation your primary role is to research, develop and apply software engineering methods to support the effectiveness of the research, development, engineering and operations organizations. This central role includes the need to design, document, develop and maintain tools and processes that automate our design flows from implementation to product shipment. The focus of this role is to develop design automation software to support the development of VLSI technologies with the goal of improving workflow and reducing engineering effort.
Applicants at different levels of seniority will be considered.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Investigate software technologies that can be used to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of engineering efforts in the design, testing, and customer support of Sidense's NVM IP products
- Lead the ongoing development, testing, and maintenance of internally developed infrastructure such as those related to OTP compiler development
- Evaluate and perform design tradeoffs regarding the architecture, software components, and usage scenarios as it relates to VLSI design
- Document technical descriptions and user guides for new and existing automation projects
- Plan and deliver software based projects that support the interface of design related information from the EDA environment to other software tools, engineering, business systems, tools, and databases
- Write scripts, utilities, or programs to automate or customize design and layout efforts
- Suggest alternatives, improvements or changes in current design flows
- Demonstrated experience in Java, Perl, PHP and shell programming (or equivalents)
- Experience in release methodologies, revision control, bug tracking in a Linux environment
- Demonstrated experience in user interface design and deployment, training and presentations
- Experience documenting process flows using data flow diagrams, and flowcharts
- Experience with revision control systems (CVS, SVN, GIT, SOS)
- Experience with EDA tools for the design and manufacturing of VLSI
- Knowledge of CAD tools for simulation, schematic capture, layout and design rule checking
- Basic knowledge of semiconductor manufacturing technologies
- Basic knowledge of analog and digital circuits
- Proven aptitude for quick creative thinking with attention to detail within demanding timelines
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) are required
- Capable of working independently while also being a strong, passionate team player on projects
- A demonstrated ability to be a keen and resourceful problem solver
- A high level of attention to detail and quality, and the ability to be tenacious and pragmatic
Why work for us?
Sidense is an innovative company dedicated to becoming the leader in memory IP. This is why skilled, creative and dynamic professionals want to join our team. At Sidense, you have the opportunity to work alongside technology thought leaders while directly contributing to the delivery of our world-class OTP IP.
To join the Sidense team:
Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request.