Sidense provides secure, very dense and reliable non-volatile, one-time programmable (OTP) memory IP for use in standard-logic CMOS processes with no additional masks or process steps required and no impact on product yield. The Company's innovative one-transistor 1T-Fuse™ architecture provides the industry's smallest footprint, most reliable and lowest power Logic Non-Volatile Memory (NVM) IP solution. With over 70 patents granted or pending, Sidense OTP provides a field-programmable alternative solution to Flash, mask ROM and eFuse in many OTP and MTP applications.
Sidense OTP memory, embedded in over 100 customer designs, is available from 180nm down to 40nm and is scalable to 28nm and below. The IP is offered at and has been adopted by all top-tier semiconductor foundries and selected IDMs. Customers are using Sidense OTP for analog trimming, code storage, encryption keys such as HDCP, WHDI, RFID and Chip ID, medical, automotive, and configurable processors and logic.
Sidense is headquartered in Ottawa, Ontario and services an expanding worldwide customer base.
As the Engineer, CAD (Computer Aided Design) your primary role is to provide technical leadership in the creation, implementation, development and support of Sidense's CAD environment, tools and methodology with a goal of enabling design efficiency and effectiveness across a wide variety of process technologies and product development teams. This central role is focussed on the need to manage, document, develop and maintain the EDA infrastructure that enables the design teams from pre sales through implementation to product shipment. A focus of this role is to develop design automation software to support the wide variety of VLSI technologies with the goal of improving workflow and reducing engineering effort.
Applicants at different levels of experience will be considered.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Provide general CAD environment, process technology, tool and methodology support services to the worldwide Sidense design community
- Work closely with the design community at Sidense to develop CAD and design methodology plans to improve efficiency and quality of the design efforts within Sidense
- Lead the ongoing development, testing, and maintenance of internally developed infrastructure initiatives such as those related to PDK integration, quality assurance and comparisons
- Installation and maintenance of CAD tools and Foundry PDK technology files with specific focus on integrating foundry technology files into the design environment under revision control
- Document technical requirements, user guides and signoff usage related to foundry process technology files with special focus on Sidense customizations and requirements
- Interface technically with EDA vendors and Foundry CAD developers
- Write scripts, utilities, or programs to automate or optimize EDA tool, infrastructure, design and layout efforts
- Suggest alternatives, improvements or changes in current design flows and collaborate with team to determine objectives and approaches to critical assignments
- Experience with EDA tools for the design and manufacturing of VLSI
- Knowledge of CAD tools for simulation, schematic capture, layout and design rule checking
- Knowledge of Mentor Graphics and Cadence Full Custom design and verification tools
- Knowledge of semiconductor manufacturing technologies
- Knowledge of analog and digital circuits
- Demonstrated experience in tcl, Java, Perl, PHP and shell programming (or equivalents)
- Experience in release methodologies, revision control, bug tracking (CVS, SVN, GIT, SOS)
- Proficiency working in a Linux OS environment, utilities, automation, and Wiki documentation
- Proven aptitude for quick creative thinking with attention to detail within demanding timelines
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) are required
- Capable of working independently while also being a strong, passionate team player on projects
- A demonstrated ability to be a keen and resourceful problem solver
- A high level of attention to detail and quality, and the ability to be tenacious and pragmatic.
Why work for us?
Sidense is an innovative company dedicated to becoming the leader in memory IP. This is why skilled, creative and dynamic professionals want to join our team. At Sidense, you have the opportunity to work alongside technology thought leaders while directly contributing to the delivery of our world-class OTP IP.
To join the Sidense team:
Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request.