- Overview ∨
- Applications ∨
- Specifications ∨
- Resources ∨
SiPROM provides the broadest range of process node coverage - from 130nm down to 55nm. Densities up to 512 Kbits per macro are available and multiple macros can be used for higher memory capacity, making SiPROM an ideal and field-programmable replacement for masked ROM and, in certain applications, external Flash memory. Designers can choose between four read modes to trade off memory density, read access time, enhanced reliability and enhanced security, and different read modes may be combined in the same macro.
SiPROM macros contain a built-in charge pump, which provides the voltage necessary to program the memory in the field after the chip is packaged. Alternately, programming voltage may be supplied externally through a pad on the chip.
Other SiPROM features include:
- Row Redundancy: All SiPROM macrocells integrate a row repair mechanism. Once set up, any defect repairs are transparent to the application.
- Boot Row Register: The boot row register gives the user an additional set of parallel outputs, which can be used to control security locks, macrocell access, emulated multiple-time programmability (eMTP), or any other customer defined options that need to be available immediately after power-up or reset.
- Security Locks: This allows the user to disable the programming of the macrocell or a sector in the macrocell. In a typical application, the security lock pins are directly connected to the boot register pins and can lock programming access throughout macrocell power-up.
- Mask ROM Option: SiPROM macros can be converted into mask-programmable ROMs with a single mask change. The user has the flexibility to mask program the entire memory or individual portions of the macrocell. This feature gives the customer the ability to mask program a section of the memory while allowing other sections of the memory to be programmed in the field.
SiPROM uses include HDCP encryption keys, analog trim and calibration, boot code and firmware storage, Chip ID, RFID, and other mobile and wireless, medical, and automotive applications.Read More
SiPROM macros are ideally suited to a wide range of applications including:
- Media and Application Processors
- Communications and Network security processors
- Wireless chipsets
- HDTV processors and interconnect ICs
- PC Camera and image sensors
- Peripheral controllers
Uses for SiPROM macros include:
|Memory bitcell||Sidense 1T-Fuse|
|Density||8Kbit 512Kbit (can use multiple macros for Mbits)|
|Process nodes||130nm to 40nm|
|Power Supply||Integrated in macro (uses standard Vcc and Vdd)|
|Retention||> 10 years|
|Key features|| |