A quarterly look at embedded NVM/OTP happenings
Sidense Ending the Year on a High Note
Xerxes Wania, President and CEO, Sidense
At Sidense, we are seeing a continuation of the semiconductor market driving rapidly advancing technology development, particularly for products targeting the mobile, computing and consumer markets and for the growing "Internet of Things." The industry continues to keep up with Moore's Law with smaller and smaller geometries, and as we hit 20nm and beyond basic transistor structures are changing from planar devices into more complex FinFET structures.
IoT is Poised to be the Next Big Semiconductor Driver
By Jim Lipman, Director of Marketing, Sidense
There is a movement on the horizon that will potentially provide a massive opportunity for the semiconductor industry. The Internet of Things - IoT - is poised to open the door for IP vendors, silicon foundries and software designers to develop products for literally tens of billions of connected devices over the next few years. In a recent paper, the Internet Business Solutions Group (IBSG) at Cisco predicts that there will be 25 billion devices connected to the Internet by 2015 and 50 billion by 2020. While long-range forecasts vary widely, it is generally believed that IoT will drive unprecedented volumes and demand for the electronics industry.
Sidense Out and About
- Sidense Announces SHF 1T-OTP Non-Volatile Memory IP for Advanced Process Chip Designs (July 31, 2013)
- Sidense Wins: United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit Affirms District Court Decisions (April 11, 2013)
Visit Sidense at the Upcoming Conferences and Tradeshows
- SMIC Technology Symposium
Shanghai, China, September 4, 2013
Shanghai Dongjiao Hotel, Shanghai, China
- TSMC OIP Ecosystem Forum
San Jose, CA - October 1, 2013
San Jose Convention Center, 150 San Carlos Street, San Jose, CA 95113
- SemIsrael Expo
Airport City, Israel, November 18, 2013
Avenue Conference Center, Airport City, Israel
- ARM Technical Symposium Europe
Paris, France - Thursday, December 13, 2012
Cap 15 - 1/13 Quai de Grenelle, 75015 Paris, France
NVM on the Mind
- Enabling Intelligent Digital Power™ IC solutions with Antifuse-Based 1T-OTP
By Jim Lipman, Sidense and David New, Powervation.
- NVM memory: A Critical Design Consideration for IoT Applications
By Jim Lipman, Sidense.
- One-Time-Programmable Memory for Power and High-Voltage Semiconductor Applications
By Craig Downing, Sidense.
- 1T-OTP - The Ideal NVM Solution for the Growing Mobile Device Market
By Craig Downing, Sidense (May 7, 2013).
- Is it really a good strategy to compensate marketing weakness by issuing a legal battle?
By Eric Esteve (April 17, 2013).
Find our IP catalog on ChipEstimate.com.
- Next >>