A quarterly look at embedded NVM/OTP happenings
Executive Opinion: Ramping Up On Hard IP Product Lines
Rhéal Gervais, Vice President of Operations, Sidense
The challenges of running the Operations Group at a hard IP vendor company such as Sidense may not be so obvious to the outside world. If we simply spend a few minutes focused on product definitions, you’ll get a flavor for what I mean.
Outside Thoughts: NVM Opportunities
Bill Martin, Mentor Graphics
The high technology community has always been innovative. Regardless of the technical or business issues that exist, clever individuals create or find solutions to these issues. As we entered the new millennium, four apparently opposing issues have hit products at the same time: rapid increases in product development costs, increasing worldwide pressure for ‘green’ products, faster moving and larger consumer markets, and increasing integration capabilities and challenges. Let’s examine each briefly and examine how Non-Volatile Memory (NVM) can be used for each.
NVM on the Mind
- Renesas seeks to commercialize MRAM
- IMEC begins work on resistive RAM
- MEMS-based inertial sensor is not your grandfather's gyroscope
Sidense Out and About
- Schild Joins Embedded Memory Leader Sidense as Vice President of Sales
- Sidense Chosen One of Canada’s “Companies to Watch” in the 2008 Deloitte Technology Fast 50 Awards
- Sidense Honored as Red Herring Canada Top 50 Winner for 2008
Upcoming Conferences/Tradeshows of Interest
- EDS Fair, January 22-23 2009, Pacifio Yokohama, Kanagawa, Japan Sidense to exhibit.
- DesignCon/IP Summit, February 2-5, Santa Clara, CA
- Next >>