A quarterly look at embedded NVM/OTP happenings
NVM and Smart Connected Outlook for 2016
Xerxes Wania, Sidense CEO and President
Welcome to 2016.
As we begin the New Year, it is worthwhile reviewing the major trends in 2015 and how they will affect the semiconductor IP industry in general and specifically the NVM market as we move forward.
Merger Mania was probably the top semiconductor industry story of 2015. In an EE Times article in early December, editor Dylan McGrath noted that the total value of acquisitions in the semiconductor market stood at a little over $100B. According to IC Insights, this was more than eight times the annual average over the past five years. Expansion through mergers and acquisitions means expanding product portfolios for many of these companies, which offers additional opportunities for IP vendors who sell into these companies.
An Exciting Time for Embedded NVM
Ken Wagner, Senior Vice President of Engineering
Contributing to this latest issue of the NVM Insider is a great way for me to formally introduce myself as Sidense's new Senior VP of Engineering. I have a strong and diverse background in the semiconductor industry and have had the pleasure of working with many market leaders. I am excited to join NVM market leader Sidense in such a pivotal role.
While OTP memory has perhaps not gotten the publicity associated with other NVM memory types, such as NAND Flash/SSD, the unique benefits of OTP IP are rapidly becoming more appreciated as it becomes almost ubiquitous in IC designs. With the advances made within several segments in the Smart Connected Universe, specifically mobile, automotive and the IoT, Sidense's 1T-OTP is very well suited to address growing concerns regarding data and code security, power consumption and long-term memory reliability.
Sidense Out and About
- Sidense Hires Industry Veteran Ken Wagner as Senior VP Engineering (Jan. 21, 2016)
- Sidense Qualifies 1T-OTP Memory IP at GLOBALFOUNDRIES 55nm Low-Power Process Node (Dec. 29, 2016)
- Sidense Qualifies 1T-OTP Memory IP at SMIC 130nm and 110nm Processes (Dec. 3, 2015)
- Sidense an Inaugural Member of the Core Store (Nov. 17, 2015)
- Why Embedded NVM is an Important Part of Every SoC Xerxes Wania, Sidense President and CEO
From IP SoC, Grenoble, France, Dec. 2-3, 2015
Tradeshows and Conferences
- TSMC Technology Symposiums
Mar. 15, San Jose, CA
Mar. 22, Burlington, MA
Mar. 24, Austin, TX
Mar. 15-16, Santa Clara, CA
- Sensors Expo and Conference
Presentation on NVM Memory Requirements for a Secure IoT Ecosystem
Jun. 22-23, San Jose, CA
- IP Vendor Nabs Top Talent from Semiconductor Industry
Tom Simon, SemiWiki (Feb. 10, 2016)
- Evolution of Non Volatile Memory for Sensitive Data
Tom Simon, SemiWiki (Dec. 7, 2015)
- Why Sidense OTP is Like the Armored Car of NVM
Tom Simon, SemiWiki (Sep. 23, 2015)
- IoT and OTP and Like Peanut Butter and Jelly
Dan Nenni, SemiWiki (Aug. 29, 2015)
NVM on the Mind
- NVM Security and Power Considerations for Smart Connected Applications
Jim Lipman, Sidense (Nov. 10, 2015)
Find our IP catalog online.
- Next >>